2016 National Estuary Program Fall Tech Transfer Field Session and Meeting Agenda
Sponsored by ANEP and the Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program
Precedes the 8th National Summit on Coastal & Estuarine Restoration
New Orleans, LA,
8AM to 8PM - Friday, December 9, 2016
12 Noon to 5PM –Saturday, December 10, 2016
ANEP Field Session for up to 60 NEP members
Directors meeting: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 1-4 PM
This year's fall NEP meeting will be held in New Orleans immediately preceding the Restore America's Estuaries (RAE) 8th National Summit on Coastal & Estuarine Restoration and 25th Biennial Meeting of The Coastal Society. The RAE summit will be held December 10-15, 2016 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. Go to the RAE Summit overview page for more information.
ANEP Meeting Registration fee: $150 for dues paying members and $300 for others. To register for the ANEP meeting, go to this Tillamook Estuaries Partnership registration page.
RAE Meeting Registration fee: $350 for ANEP members (login to the members area to get the code). To register for RAE-TCS, go to the RAE-TCS summit registration page.
The RAE summit is being held at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside, 2 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, Tel: 1-504-561-0500.
Dedicated Summit Session: Nitrogen Reduction Strategies in Northeast National Estuary Programs: Successes, Setbacks, and Lessons Learned
Details about the session will be provided after RAE posts the summit's meeting agenda.
Tentative AgendaFriday, December 9th
- 8AM Leave Downtown New Orleans
- Travel to Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve (NPS) Marrero
- 9AM to 11AM Louisiana Boat Swamp Tour Lead by NPS Staff and BTNEP Staff
- 11AM to 12 Noon Lunch
- 12 to1PM Walking tour of NPS
- 1PM -4PM Boat tour of coastal restoration projects in Barataria Bay – CWPPRA, NRCS and BTNEP Staff
- 4PM to 5PM Travel to Dinner at Spahr's in Des Allemands
- 5PM to 7PM Dinner at Spahr's with music by Cajun Music Preservation Society Note: Each member pays for their own dinner and beverage
- 7PM Board Bus and Return to New Orleans
- 8PM Arrive in New Orleans
- 10AM to 12 AM - Walking Tour of the French Quarter (30 Only) OPTIONAL
- 12 Noon -1:30PM Lunch on your own
- 1:30PM to 3 PM ANEP Meeting (s) at Audubon of America's Aquarium enter back door with Tricia. This session will include the NEP "lightening talks". Each partipating NEP will report on one cool project, using three slides, in three minutes. Curtis will chair the session with a timer and microphone kill switch.
- 3PM to 5PM Tour of Audubon of the America's Aquarium - Tricia to lead
- Dinner on your own
- 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Directors Meeting (tentative)