2016 National Estuary Program Fall Tech Transfer Field Session and Meeting Agenda
Sponsored by ANEP
Precedes the 8th National Summit on Coastal & Estuarine Restoration
New Orleans, LA,
8AM to 8PM - Friday, December 9, 2016
12 Noon to 5PM –Saturday, December 10, 2016
ANEP Field Session for up to 60 NEP members
Directors meeting: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 1-4 PM
This year's fall NEP meeting will be held in New Orleans immediately preceding the Restore America's Estuaries (RAE) 8th National Summit on Coastal & Estuarine Restoration and 25th Biennial Meeting of The Coastal Society. The RAE summit will be held December 10-15, 2016 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. Go to the RAE Summit overview page for more information.
ANEP Meeting Registration fee: $150 for dues paying members and $300 for others. To register for the ANEP meeting, go to [link TBA].
RAE Meeting Registration fee: $350 for ANEP members (login to members area to get the code). To register for RAE-TCS, go to the RAE-TCS summit registration page.
The RAE summit is being held at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside, 2 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, Tel: 1-504-561-0500. Details for the NEP meeting registration codes will be provided to get sponsor organization rates.
Dedicated Summit Session: Nitrogen Reduction Strategies in Northeast National Estuary Programs: Successes, Setbacks, and Lessons Learned
Details about the session will be provided after RAE posts the summit's meeting agenda.
Tentative AgendaFriday, December 9th
- 8AM Leave Downtown New Orleans
- Travel to Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve (NPS) Marrero
- 9AM to 11AM Louisiana Boat Swamp Tour Lead by NPS Staff and BTNEP Staff
- 11AM to 12 Noon Lunch
- 12 to1PM Walking tour of NPS
- 1PM -4PM Boat tour of coastal restoration projects in Barataria Bay – CWPPRA, NRCS and BTNEP Staff
- 4PM to 5PM Travel to Dinner at Spahr's in Des Allemands
- 5PM to 7PM Dinner at Spahr's with music by Cajun Music Preservation Society Note: Each member pays for their own dinner and beverage
- 7PM Board Bus and Return to New Orleans
- 8PM Arrive in New Orleans
- 10AM to 12 AM - Walking Tour of the French Quarter (30 Only) OPTIONAL
- 12 Noon -1:30PM Lunch on your own
- 1:30PM to 3 PM ANEP Meeting (s) at Audubon of America's Aquarium enter back door with Tricia
- 3PM to 5PM Tour of Audubon of the America's Aquarium - Tricia to lead
- Dinner on your own
- 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Directors Meeting (tentative)