National Estuary Programs 2015 Tech Transfer Conference
From Citizen Science to Estuarine Hybridity
San Juan, Puerto Rico
December 1-4, 2015
sponsored by the Association of National Estuary Programs
The Association of National Estuary Programs 2015 Tech Transfer Conference will be held in San Juan, Puerto Rico at the Sheraton Old San Juan. The meeting conference rate is $125/night, plus tax, with advanced payment required for the discounted rate. For reservations, call 787-289-1914 or 787-289-1927, and tell the reservationist you are attending the National Estuary Program meeting. You can also make reservations online at Sheraton's online booking site (conference code TBA). The meeting group room rate is valid November 28 – December 6, 2015.
The registration fee is $150 for full ANEP members and guests; $300 for all others. A link for registering for the meeting will be posted soon.
The agenda for the Tech Transfer Conference will be available in late September.
For questions regarding the Tech Transfer Conference and Field Trips events and planning, or to make a request to speak, contact Javier Laureano at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding registration or the ANEP Board of Directors meeting, contact Lore O’Hanlon at: email@example.com.
Call for Papers
Simply email Javier Laureano at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, position, NEP, presentation title, e-mail address, proposed track, A/V needs, time needs, and a short description of your presentation. The presentation submission deadline is September 5, 2015. Here are the call for papers posters: 8.5x11 12x18.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- Morning field trips will be scheduled and will last 3-4 hours
- 7:00pm-9:00pm ANEP Board of Director’s meeting. Place-TBA.
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
- 8:00am-9:00am Registration & Coffee
- 9:00am-9:20am Welcoming messages
- 9:20am-9:30am Messages from high school students and Estuary Guardians
- 9:30am-10:00am Key note: Judith Enck and video with a welcoming message from Gina McCarthy
- 10:00-12:00am Climate Change Session (Facilitated by: Ernesto Díaz, SJBEP’s STAC President)
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm-3:00pm Trash Free Waters Session (Facilitated by Claudia Gutiérrez, EPA-Region 2)
- 3:00pm-4:20pm Citizen Science Session Facilitated by TBA
- 6:00pm-8:00pm Welcoming reception at the Puerto Rico Tourism Company
Thursday, December 3, 2015
- 8:30am-9:00am Registration & Coffee
- 9:00am-11:00am Environmental Justice & Urban Waters Session (Facilitated by: Ingrid Vila, Urban Waters Ambassador)
- 11:00am-12:00pm National programs update: Blue carbon, Trash Free Waters, Urban Waters, and Climate Ready Estuaries
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch
- 1:35pm-4:30pm Martín Peña and Cantera site visit (Facilitated by: Lyvia Rodríguez, Enlace Project, Bus departs 1:15pm from the Sheraton hotel)
- 7:00pm-9:00pm Estuarine Movie Festival- Plaza de Armas- Old San Juan-
Friday, December 4, 2015
- 6:00am-8:00am Bird watching with the SJBEP at Old San Juan. Departing from the lobby.
- 8:30am-10:30am Guided environmental tour of Old San Juan.
- 11:00pm-12:00pm Guided boat tour- Departing from the Old San Juan Ferry Building.